COVID-19 and Our Hiring Practices
The health and safety of our employees, patients, and candidates is our top priority. To ensure we do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we've made some short-term changes to our hiring plans and practices. We anticipate that our hiring timelines may increase slightly. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate this unprecedented time together.
Whether it be in person or virtual, we promise to provide you with the high level of care you deserve while job searching.
What is ADVENT doing about coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure the safety of your candidates, employees, and patients?
- ADVENT knows your health and safety come first. We’ve established precautionary steps for anyone within our clinics during this time.
Are you still hiring new employees?
- Yes! ADVENT is hiring for key positions across the organization.
How do I apply to work at ADVENT?
- Visit our careers site and click “Apply Now.” You will be taken to our current list of open positions. If you do not see a role that aligns with your professional background or interests, sign up for Job Alerts.
How will you conduct interviews?
- Our interviews are currently being conducted over the phone and/or virtually using the Spark Hire platform. Once it is deemed safe, we will invite candidates to our clinic or administrative building for onsite interviews with a hiring manager. Please view our
“How to Prepare for Virtual Interview” guide (shown below) for tips to prepare for a successful virtual interview.
How and when do you communicate with your applicants throughout the process?
- We communicate with our candidates via the email address you provide at the time of applying. This communication will happen at each step of the process, as we have updates regarding next steps.
Will social distancing and working from home have an impact on the interview process?
- Yes. While our interview process remains intact, portions of the process may be completed virtually to be aligned with CDC guidelines.
Will I be able to meet my manager, or visit the location of where I will be working, before I accept a role?
- Usually, yes. We are expanding and building new clinics and therefore the clinic you will work at may not be open yet. We do our best to provide you with a realistic understanding of what your day-to-day will look like.
Will I be expected to work onsite or in the office when I join?
- This will be dependent on a variety of factors including your position as well as the status of COVID-19. We will review this case by case.
If I need to work from home, how will I obtain the equipment I’ll need?
- Our IT department will send you your equipment, and prior to your first day a member of our HR team will spend time with you to ensure your technology is set up correctly.
Are new employee orientations available during COVID-19?
- Currently we are completing new hire orientation virtually. This may change based on the status of COVID-19.
- Test Your Technology
Prior to your virtual interview, ensure you test your technology by using the complimentary concierge service provided to our candidates by Spark Hire. This will allow you time to ensure your audio and video are set up properly. This will take about 10 – 15 minutes and will be provided to you upon interview invitation.
- Set the Scene & Minimize Distractions
Find a room with optimal lighting, preferably near a window, or a blank wall to guarantee you’re the focal point of the conversation. Whether you sit on your living room couch or in your home office, tidy up your surroundings.
- Sit Down Prepared
You want to appear focused and ready to answer any questions without the help of the internet. Research ADVENT ahead of time and print out a copy of your resume, so that you don’t forget key talking points.
- Practice, Don’t Memorize
It’s easy to tell if you aren’t being genuine, so it's a good idea to run through a few practice rounds with a friend or family member. This will give you a chance to rehearse with different personalities and answer a variety of different questions.
- Monitor Your Body Language & Dress the Part
The main way to communicate confidence is to sit up straight, smile, and keep the camera at eye level. Dress in business casual attire, as you would for an in-person interview.
- Be Yourself
We want to get to know the real you! ADVENT is a culture driven organization that looks to bring culture additions to our teams and department. The interview process is built so that not only can we assess your skill set as a potential employee, but that you can assess us as a potential employer.