As we age or gain weight, our tissue and muscles often begin to sag and lose some of their rigidity and strength. When this occurs, breathing can cause weakened tissue in the soft palate to vibrate and produce the obnoxious noise known as snoring. In some cases, breathing can also cause the tissue in the soft palate to collapse and obstruct the upper airway, producing OSA.
The Pillar Procedure is a safe, highly-effective, simple in-office solution for snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) that can be completed in just 30 minutes.
Pillar Procedure Insurance Coverage
Given the complexity of insurance, we have a team of specialists ready to guide you throughout the process. ADVENT does not require a referral and is an in-network provider for many insurance carriers. Visit our Insurance page for a list of in-network providers.
For specific questions contact us at 414.771.6780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pillar Procedure at ADVENT
We are the leading in-office treatment provider in Wisconsin for this treatment. In order to properly determine if you are a good candidate for the Pillar Procedure, you will start at step one of ADVENT's sleep journey.
During your first visit, we’ll evaluate The Breathing Triangle®. This examination of your nose and throat with a tiny, lighted camera is crucial to finding the root of your snoring or sleep apnea concerns.
An in-office CT scan will help us get a greater view of your anatomy. During that same visit, a board-certified physician will immediately review the results with you and discuss a personalized approach to alleviating any nasal or throat obstructions that may be the root of your snoring or sleep apnea.
If it is determined blocked sinus passageways are contributing to your sleep concerns, your Physician may recommend a simple, in-office procedure or medical management, like CPAP, prior to a Pillar Procedure. A Treatment Coordinator will schedule your procedure and answer any insurance questions you have.
On the day of your Pillar Procedure, a local anesthetic is applied and four to six tiny woven implants are placed in the soft palate. Over time, the implants- together with the body's natural healing response- will add structural support and stiffen the soft palate.
The procedure is typically performed in under 30 minutes, where you'll be able to return to normal activity following. You’ll return for a 1-week, 3-week, 6-week and 12-week follow-up visit to ensure your recovery is on track.
- Patients report a significant decrease in snoring intensity, less daytime sleepiness and significant improvements in lifestyle.
- The Pillar Procedure has generated a bed partner satisfaction rate of over 80% at one year, according to bed partners of chronic snorers.
- The Pillar Procedure is also FDA approved to treat mild to moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Clinical studies have shown that approximately 80% of patients demonstrated a reduction in their apnea-hypopnea index (AHI), and results were sustained at one year after the procedure.
“Before my procedure, I had a lot of headaches on a regular basis – I was missing work, not able to participate in my kids lives or family social life and those have gone away. It’s been very life-changing as I got my life back and I am able to fully engage and enjoy the things we like to do as a family.”
A Specialized ENT Doctor Experience
We listen and understand your frustration from prior ineffective treatment. Here's what to expect at ADVENT:
- A solutions driven experience - never band-aids that provide you temporary relief.
- A proper evaluation of The Breathing Triangle®. ADVENT specializes in nose and throat issues.
- A proven process. ADVENT developed The Patient Journey™ to reach simple, efficient solutions to your nose, sinus, snoring and/or sleep apnea concerns.